This might seem like a rant. It’s really not. It’s just a vocalization of frustration.
- If I make plans with someone, and pay for it, show up. Barring emergencies, it’s disrespectful.
- Please don’t take your grumpiness out on me. I’m willing to listen, always, sometimes at the detriment of my own peace of mind.
- I need to learn to not internalize someone else’s bad attitude. That’s my issue, and not anyone else’s.
- Just because I look “normal” and “well” these days; it does not change the fact that every single day I have challenges NORMAL people do not have to face. I hate to even pull the traumatic brain injury or the heart problem card, or sprained joints or blood disorder, and I certainly don’t want people to treat me with kid gloves. Please just recognize that there are certain things about this version of me.
- I tire easily, suffer from weird sleep patterns. I sometimes have issues with speech and comprehension, and I have to work really hard to do some things that used to come naturally. I’m not lazy. Sometimes, I’m just freaking exhausted.
- I have a house, and pets, and I pay bills like everyone else. It just sometimes takes more mental effort and organizing to get shit done.
- Please do not treat me like I’m stupid. I might have damage, but there is a functioning human in here.
- Have you ever, in your life, seen someone calm down when they are told to calm down? Thought not. Do not do it. Just leave me by myself. I can calm myself, thank you very much.
- Remember to not hurt the people who love you the most. Those are the people who will go to battle for you, no matter what.
The road will take you home.