Listen carefully, because if you don’t, you’ll miss them.
Someone re-posted something about how to make a relationship last. I appreciated it. Isn’t my life, but I get it. My life looks more like this:
- We argue. We’re both intelligent and don’t always agree. I pick my battles.
- He makes time to spend with our pets.
- He makes more time to laugh and joke with me and take me to the store.
- He installed cameras in our house because he was the one in ICU with me, and worries about me always.
- He loves my friends, and vice versa. We can be in just about any situation together, and not have an issue. I love that he is so tolerant.
- I think he is adorable, and for some weird reason, he thinks I’m beautiful (I need to get his eyes checked.)
- Life together is not about everything being perfect. We compromise all the time, and put up with our crazy families. It never shakes our foundation.
- I’m grateful for every moment with him. Except when he’s a PITA, and then I put myself in time out. LOL
- He can go get massages, and I can go get my nails done. We love to be together, but we’re ok doing things by ourselves.
- We sing along to my Spotify on his car radio. There’s NOTHING like having him sing “Just the Way You Are” at the top of his lungs and him telling me that’s exactly how he feels.
- Tolerance, playfulness, a whole bunch of smartass, lots of jokes and laughter, responsibility, knowing he’s my best friend, and will always love our pets and friends.
- There isn’t any secret. Relationships are really a lot of work. We don’t think about it most of the time, but the truth is, we listen. If he’s hungry, I make lunch. If I need to go to the store, he takes me. I buy him what he needs, and he’ll make a trip to buy me what I need. It’s all about listening for me.
I’m still learning.